Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The biggest day of my life....so far.

by Brittany Geragotelis

So, I've been hard at work over the past three weeks, trying to put some stuff in motion in order to publish Life's a Witch myself in December. This has included but is not limited to: hiring a lawyer (to let me know what parts of the book might get me sued...no more suggesting that Lady Gaga is really a witch. :( ); filing the paperwork for the copyright of the book; writing a bonus chapter for the print version (a little something extra for my die-hard fans!); writing my acknowledgments (there are a LOT of people I need to thank for getting me here); starting an LLC so I can be on the up and up with the IRS; and finally, deciding on a launch date.

That's actually what I wanted to talk to you about. I'd like to officially announce that Life's a Witch will go on sale (for all who care to buy it!) through Amazon worldwide on December 8th! Just in time for the holidays (and x-mas presents, hint, hint!).

Of course, no book launch would be complete without a launch party....and that's what I'm doing now. Planning my party. I'm so excited about it, and Wattpad has been kind enough to help me out with some of the details, including drumming up a little publicity for the book as well as hooking me up with a space to throw the party! I'm such a lucky girl and really don't know who to thank first for making all of this possible. In a way, this party will be my thank you to all those who've had a hand in getting me to where I am today. And if that's not enough—there's still space left in my acknowledgements!

So, that's the scoop, kiddos. Life's a Witch goes on-sale nationwide December 8th, with a kick-butt bonus chapter! Tell your friends!

5x5,
B.

6 comments:

antus_girl said...

OMG brittany this is awesome!
I'm antus_girl on watty, I'm like your BIGGEST FAN EVER and a die hard fan of fate reloaded and lifes a witch! I'm so happy for you and I WILL buy your book! OMG THIS IS AWESOME!

GUYS BUY HER BOOK!

No, seriously. Buy it.

karen frances said...

Brittany, I'm so excited for you. You are really doing this. Have a fabulous launch. Wish I could be there to witness this for you and share in the celebration--as you were for me during my art show opening.

Melissa said...

Congratulations Brittany!

I plan to buy the book. Your release date is my birthday, so it'll be a birthday present for me.

Will you be just releasing a print book or will you also release a version for e-readers?

Anonymous said...

You know how dad and I feel. We are so very proud of you and so excited for you and your launch. Know that we will be there every step of the way, even if it's from across the country!

toriakakeith said...

i didn't even realize you had a blog going until today! :( i feel like a failure of a fan, lol. i've just been busy with school & whatnot. i'm sure you can relate! :) anyways, i am SO excited. that's the day of my last exam for this semester. so i'll be buying it as a celebration! :) i'm in the process of reading all of your posts at the moment. so, if i end up like blowing up your blog with comments, my bad! :)

Anonymous said...

HEY SO MY NAME on wattpad is miyukisawada24 and i have a question. how exactly do you self publish because i really want to do that instead of sending it to a publishing company because i want to keep all of my hard earn cash.

 
;