Wednesday, May 8, 2013

New Site and other changes....

by Brittany Geragotelis
Ch-ch-ch-changes! Yep....it's that time of the year again where change is sounding good. Or maybe it's because my 34th birthday is coming up. Or that now that I'm married, I'm looking to start anew in the next phase of my life. Whatever the reason, change is here!


First up, my website recently got a MAJOR facelift. We're talking a REAL site here. You'll still be able to read my blog like usual, but you'll need to go through my new site (which, let's face it, is pretty freaking awesome) to get to it. Thanks to the people at Media Maison for tackling this big project and giving me a beautiful, fun, witchin' new website! I love that the background matches the cover of my next book, LIFE'S A WITCH (If you haven't already pre-ordered your copy, do it now!) and that we'll be able to update it with every book that comes out in the future! So what do you think? Leave me your thoughts and comments below!


Next, I decided to give my hair a little pick-me-up by adding some color to my life. Pink to be precise. I looked at all the different colors I could go with--blue, red, green, purple, pink and gray--but in the end, I ended up going with my staple. If you know me at all, you know that I'm obsessed with pink. There's just something about it that makes me so happy. And I just can't get enough. Seriously, my old apartment (before I moved in with a man who got a say in how we decorated) was painted two tones of pink. Pepto Bismal pink and hot pink.

It's possible that's why I was single for so long..... Nah, that couldn't be it.


But I loved it. And believe it or not, when I was toying with the idea of adding some streaks of color to my brown and blonde hair, Matty actually liked the pink. See, I'd been putting in hair chalk (a pseudo-temporary hair color) on my locks for a few months as well as adding in extensions so he had sort of gotten used to it. So it was time to take the plunge.

I think it turned out well....how about you?


And speaking of that pink apartment--we've decided to sell it. I'm conflicted on the decision as I know it's the right one financially (Especially since we're no longer living there and the board only lets you have tenants sublet for 3 years at a time. Super annoying.) but as I've been hanging around my old place and getting it ready to sell, I've also been remembering how much I loved it there. There's just a good vibe. And so many memories.

Buuuuut, it's time for a change. Which brings me back to this post. Change can be good. Great even. Like getting married and changing your name. Or changing your underwear. There are just times when you need to do it.

5x5,
B.

***So what do you think of all my changes? Leave your thoughts in the comments below!


2 comments:

Rosei911 said...

"It's possible that's why I was single for so long..... Nah, that couldn't be it."

LOL! that was funny!

Great post and Pink hair! #PinkisPunk

Verena said...

This is cool!

 
;