Sunday, July 18, 2010

Things the psychic told me.

by Brittany Geragotelis

I'm now home sweet home (except for the fact that I found out that my air conditioning unit is leaking water into the apartment below me and until I can get an air conditioning repair guy in here to fix it and possibly install a new one, I'm stuck without cool air in this muggy heat), and back from my trip to NOLA (which stands for New Orleans if you're a little slow on the uptake like me). And as I mentioned in an earlier blog, while I was in NOLA, I had the opportunity to meet with a psychic.

Well, two to be exact, but the first one was a guy who managed to convince Tammy and I to stop with a two-for-one reading. He was big and sweaty and kept saying, "See, I said it before you did. I said it," as he tried to say certain words at the same time as us. The Psychic-Lite did guess that I was a writer and said I needed to check out Ballentine books in regards to publishers. Of course, these things were certainly interesting, but he got too many things wrong for me to believe that he was seeing/feeling a little more of the universe than the rest of us.

But the second psychic...I can't help but feel like he was more of the real deal. His name was Phillip and he was a reader at Marie Laveau's House of VooDoo. As soon as I sat down across from the super-fem Moby look-alike and he took my hand, I felt this crazy connection with him. Like an energy was flowing between the two of us, or a low current of electricity coursing through my hand.

Phillip started by just holding my hand and telling me things about myself: I wear glasses (I do, but I wasn't at the time), I need to drink more water (which I do), I don't like change (Duh), etc. But the first real thing he asked me was, "How is the creative writing coming?" Uh, weird. I told him I was in a standstill, trying to find another agent and sell my books. He then said that in regards to occupations, I was either a journalist or a teacher. I admitted that I work for a magazine.

He told me that I was "going to be in this industry for a while, but in the next couple of years you're going to start writing for an online site that has something to do with travel, which is weird, because you don't really like to travel, do you? It might not actually require you to travel, but you will be writing about it." Double weird. I do hate to travel. It makes me anxious.

Then he asked me what I'd decided about children. I told him that I hadn't really decided, but was leaning more on the side of no. He told me that if I chose to have a kid, it would be a boy, but if I didn't do it in the next four years, it would be too late. And if I decided not to have kids, I would be fine with that decision.

He said that I own real estate and that I won't be giving it up anytime soon. This was a bit of a bummer, since I've been feeling very much lately that I'd like to move out of the city. He said some other things about my personal life, but I think I'd like to keep them to myself to see if they come to fruition without the help/influence of saying it out loud (or on this blog).

Then he asked me if I had any questions. A lot of women would ask "when am I going to get married?", "when will I meet the one?", "is my lover being faithful?"...but me, I asked about my writing. It's the thing in my life that I love but am also most unsure of. As in, it's my passion, but I've been trying to get published now for 8 years and I feel like it's going nowhere. After every rejection, I ask myself "do I give up or do I keep going?" So, of course, this was what came out of my mouth that day with Phillip.

Without hesitation he said, "Yes. You will be published. It will happen within the next 2 years. You've been working hard on various projects over the last 4 years and it will pay off. Don't worry about it, it's going to happen."

So, there you go. This is what the psychic told me. Do I fully believe everything he said to me during that session is true? Maybe not. But if anything, I choose to believe in the things I hope will happen. I'll experience success. I'll be happy in love. I won't have regrets. I will be published. After all, what bad does it do to put those positive vibes out there in the universe? In the meantime, I've written down all of Phillips' predictions/readings and I intend to see if they end up panning out.

Has anyone else had an experience with a psychic, good or bad? Do you think psychics have special powers that the rest of us don't or that they're just phony future fakers? Leave your comments above!

5x5,
B.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Psychics!

I've never been to an actual one before, but you picked a damn good place to get a reading done! NOLA! Land of all the mystique that ever was in the US.

I want to go to one, though. My family's women have a history of 'seeing' things, or knowing things are going to happen, but it comes sporadically and in regards to random things. Personally, I've been able to predict things regarding people's love lives extremely accurately, and I have flashes of numbers sometimes that will manifest as a parking stall I just parked in, or my total at a Starbucks. Very weird.

Belief, (I know it sounds silly and overrated,) is more powerful than anything. Quit being unsure about writing. I'm sure you kick extensive ass ;) I can feel it.

Anonymous said...

so, are you closer to getting published?

MissB said...

I found your blog after Googling 'A psychic told me to write a book' (a personal experience of mine). So I found this blog entry, dated 2010, and Googled your name... the first line I read was "Brittany Geragotelis is living the dream. After 10 years of rejection from the publishing industry, she began to post her original novel..."

Intriguing! (congratulations :) )

Misty said...

I just saw Phil two days ago and he blew my mind with how accurate he was! I Googled him to hear other people's experiences. He knew things about both my husband and I that no one could have known (a dog having severe food allergies for example-random!). Good luck on your publishing!

DONNA said...

I ACTUALLY WAS IN NOLA LAST YEAR AND SAW PHILLIP ALSO. IT WAS SO COOL HOW HE JUST GRABBED MY HAND AND STARTED TAPPING IN VARIOUS AREAS ON MY HAND. tHE FIRST THING OUT OF HIS MOUTH (AND I HAD SAID NOTHING MORE THAN HELLO) WAS THAT BEING MARRIED 32 YEARS WAS A GREAT ACCOMPLISHMENT! IT FREAKED ME OUT. HE WENT ON FOR ANOTHER 45 MINUTES DESCRIBING MY KIDS, MY SISTER, MY JOB AND MY GRAND KIDS TO A TEE. TOLD ME WHEN I WOULD RETIRE, WHAT I WOULD DO, TOLD ME NOT TO WRRY ABOUT MY HEALTH AND JUST GENERALLY WAS SPOT ON! I WANT TO GO BACK SO BADLY BUT NOLA IS A LONG WAY FROM ILLINOIS...GLAD TO HEAR OTHERS HAVE HAD SIMILAR EXPERIENCES.

 
;