If you're like me, you're unable to be with your dad today on Father's Day. But that doesn't mean that you can't make him feel special (hopefully making up for the fact that you can't be there in the first place). What better way to do this by making a list of all the reasons your dad is awesome and then send it to him. He'll appreciate the thought you put into it and it will make him happy to know that you really WERE paying attention when he thought you were just ignoring him. And if you're having a tough time getting started, here's my list:
|Me and Dad at a museum in NYC|
Awesome Things About My Dad:
1. He's tall and could always reach the dishes in the cupboard that I couldn't get down.
2. He's always nice to my mom. Back when they first got married, he gave part of his savings to her so that she could start her own ballet studio.
3. He's always believed that I would become a published author one day...but also reminded me that I needed a day job until that happened.
|Dad, Mom, Curtis & Jacey|
4. He flew airplanes for years. Even though I'm a girl and didn't really think this was cool growing up, I've come to find out (from just about every guy alive) that this is, in fact, one of the coolest jobs someone can have. Hello, look how popular Top Gun was!
5. He buys me random books from the sales bin whenever he goes to a bookstore or the library.
6. He's a coffee drinker and appreciates a good cup whenever he can get it.
7. He thinks he's HILARIOUS and laughs at his own jokes.
9. He took me to the movies right after I had surgery on one of my feet...and got the manager to give me a chair to rest my foot on, with a pillow he'd brought from home, just so I'd be comfortable.
10. He sends me and my sisters little notes/stories/poems that he finds inspirational.
11. He's really passionate about golfing.
12. He's clever and even makes his own golf clubs.
|Dad channeling Zoolander.|
14. He's smart and has several degrees.
15. He wants to be a writer one day and says he's going to follow in my footsteps.
16. He puts rice in his hair and then asks if he has "head rice."
|The statue was NOT amused.|
18. He makes my mom laugh. His kids...well, we laugh at him, anyway.
19. He likes really ugly ties.
20. He falls asleep while watching TV and when you catch him, he swears he was awake the whole time but was just resting his eyes.
Happy Father's Day, Dad!
What's so awesome about your dad? Leave your lists in the comments below!!!