Thursday, September 30, 2010

Disney Day 2

by Brittany Geragotelis

Disney Day 2:

Our day started off pretty early (around 8ish) when I forced Matt out of bed and over to get breakfast at the resort cafeteria. We were both exhausted from the day before; when Matt laid down the night before, he passed out nearly instantly and didn't wake up again until I practically shook him awake the next morning. I would've let him sleep in, except I was craving my gluten-free Mickey waffles (take a look at the pic here!) and I was eager to get over to the Magic Kingdom for some good old mousey fun!

So, we headed over to the Magic Kingdom and made our way around all the good rides: Pirates of the Carribean, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain. And in between going on rides, we shopped. And shopped. And shopped some more. I bought a few presents for people back home and Matty was sweet and bought me a really awesome sweatshirt.

We worked up an appetite going on all those rides, so we ate at a nice Italian food restaurant
near the front of Disney called Tony's. Matt and I feasted: me on a cesaer salad, gluten-free spaghetti and meatballs and a TO-DIE-FOR pistacio creme brule. OMG, soooo good (take a look here). While we were there, the couple next to us were celebrating their honeymoon. I snapped a pic of the happy pair as they were blowing out their candles at lunch (pic below!)!

When we were finished with lunch, we decided we were done with the Magic Kingdom for the day and headed back over to Hollywood Studios for a little fun. We were going to go on the Tower of Terror and the Rock n' Roller Coaster again, but we both wanted to check out the backlot tour first. This turned out to be really cool and fun, as we learned a little about how Disney does special effects in movies. I was even chosen to be a part of one of the shows. I played the captain of a boat that was being shot at by imaginary airplanes. It was awesome! Matt took pics of the whole thing, which I'll publish once we get home. The whole tour was really neat and I took a LOT of have fun checking them out below!

By the time we were done with the tour, we'd actually run out of time at the park and had to head back to the hotel to shower and change for dinner that night. This time, we were eating at Epcot at a hibachi grill called Tempen Edo in Japan. This was the first time I'd ever eaten at a place like this and was excited for the chef to cook our meal at our table (check out the pic!). Unfortunately, they seat you with other parties, and there was a family across from us, with two little boys, one of which partway through our meal, fell off his chair and cracked his head on the ground. He hit so hard that they called the paramedics to check him out. Luckily, the kid turned out to be fine, but that sort of put a damper on the night.

While at Epcot, we managed to drag ourselves to a few of the attractions there including: Mission: Space and Soarin'. Both were a ton of fun...though the rides left Matt's stomach feeling a little queasy.

By the time we made it back to the hotel (around midnight), we were both exhausted. Matt even described me as "a military task force of fun." Well, yeah, okay. That sounds about right!



andrea said...

hi -- thanks for letting us know that we can keep up with your adventures this way! sounds like quite alot of fun! hope the rain stays away now. luvu

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous. Sounds as though you are having a blast. That's how Disneyland is supposed to be. . . absolutely exhausing!! That's the sign of a truly great vacation!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! SO glad you got your Mickey waffles and had tons of fun! Miss you!!

Brittany said...

Miss you guys too! But I brought back presents....