by Brittany Geragotelis
So, I'll start off this post by letting you know that I got another rejection (ominous duh, duh, duuuuuh!!!). A bit of a bummer, but I'm moving on....because "Glee" started back last night! I was so worked up about it being back on that I practically had a Glee-gasm. That's right, I said it.
Last night's episode did not disappoint on the music front. With songs like "Empire State of Mind" by Alicia Keys, "Telephone" by Lady Gaga featuring Beyonce, and "Billionaire" by Travie McCoy featuring Bruno Mars. But the act that really stole the show was a newbie on the scene, Sunshine Corazon (played by Charice). Man can that girl sing! She's like Christina Aguilera: tiny in stature, big in presence and voice.
And speaking of newbies, we've got three new faces walking around McKinley High. I already mentioned Sunshine Corazon and trust me, she's going to give Rachel a serious run for her money when it comes to the spotlight. Next, we have Hottie McStud-Muffin...errrr, Sam Evans (played by Chord Overstreet; yes, that's his real name. When I first read it, I thought it had to be his character's name on the show. Nope...real life.) who plays the new kid in school who has natural talent both in the music room and on the football field. Again, his voice is awesome and I'm looking forward to hearing (and seeing) more from him. Lastly, there's the very masculine yet emotional new football coach, Shannon Beiste (played by Dot Jones), whose heart is as big as her arms!
So, since they're new to the "Glee" world, I thought it was a good time to get to know them a little better. Here are some fun facts about our new favorite gleeks:
1. Her real name is Charmaine Clarice Relucio Pempengco.
2. She's a tiny thing, standing at only 4'11" tall.
3. It's no coincidence that her character, Sunshine, sang a song from the movie Dreamgirls for her glee club audition. Apparently a young Charice sang "And I Am Telling You" from the Dreamgirls soundtrack on "StarKing," a Korean variety show, which pretty much launched her career.
4. The first talk show Charice was ever on in the U.S. was "The Ellen Degeneres Show." Check her out back then in the video at the bottom!
5. After meeting her, Oprah called famed music producer David Foster who took her under his wing.
1. He got his name because his dad's in the music biz. He's the third kid in the family and there are three notes in a chord. And thus Chord was born.
2. His first instrument was a mandolin.
3. He's originally from Nashville, TN.
4. Songs he'd like to cover on "Glee?" "Losing My Way" or "Cry Me a River" by Justin Timberlake or T.I.'s "Dead and Gone."
5. Dancing isn't his strong suit, but he's willing to work on it, if they have him dance on the show.
1. She's a 15-time World Arm Wrestling Champion.
2. She's currently a towering 6'3", but she used to be 6'4".
3. Dot scored her gig on "Glee" after running into coexecutive producer Brad Falchuk at a Whole Foods about four months ago.
4. She was first "discovered" at a body building tournament.
5. She worked at Juvenile Probation Services before making the switch to acting.
What do you think of the newbies? Like, Love, Hate? Let me know in the comments above!