Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Who Wants a Million Dollar Toilet?

by Brittany Geragotelis

When "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" went off the air several years ago, I remember being heartbroken to find out too late that the studio had auctioned off memorabilia from the show. "Buffy" was my favorite show of all time and the fact that I'd missed out on the opportunity to own a stake possibly used by Sarah Michelle Gellar (or any of the other cast members) was totally frustrating. I mean, how cool would it have been to be able to hang Mr. Pointy over my fireplace (if I had one...I live in a studio apartment in NYC, remember?)?! But needless to say, I missed the boat (or crossbow) on that one. I did, however, manage to snag myself some suspenders from the old "Sex and the City" set when that show wrapped. Have I ever worn them? No way. Will I get rid of them? Hell no.

So, when I heard that the owners of J.D. Salinger's old house in Cornish was selling off some of the house's original items used or touched by the famous author, I totally got it. Among one of the top items? A throne to fit a literary King.

That's right folks! You could be the proud owner of the toilet where the Catcher in the Rye scribe parked his hiney on a daily basis. Who knows, he may have even done some of his writing in there, too!



So how much will this keepsake cost you? A whopping $1 million dollars!

No, seriously. One. Million. Dollars. For a toilet.

Is there really anyone out there who'd spend that much money on a toilet? I mean, besides a billionaire eccentric or a museum, of course. Or is the owner of the Salinger house just kidding himself?

Personally, I'd never spend that much money on an item that's seen more booty than a Sir Mix-A-Lot video, but then again, J.D. Salinger might be someone else's "Buffy." And if that's the case, then can you really put a price on history?

What kind of keepsake would you be willing to spend a million on? Leave your must-haves below!

5x5,
B.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've had a rough week and this made me laugh thanks :)

and btw congrats on the promotion!

Brittany said...

So sorry your week's been rough! And totally happy this made you feel better! Hang in there...tomorrow's Friday and the weekend's full of possibilities!

 
;