Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Rainy Day Inspiration

by Brittany Geragotelis

Since it's gloomy and misty outside today, I thought I'd bring a little news to brighten your day....

I just found out that while we're in California in December, we're going to be shooting Heather Morris (Brittany on "Glee") and Kendall Jenner (younger sis of the Kardashian girls)!!!! It's going to be a double-fantastic shoot and I'm worried that I might actually pass out from all the excitement. But this is just the first bit of news I have for you....

This weekend, I started writing a new book. I still have Painless out with agents for consideration, but I got an "offer I couldn't refuse" and had to take it. So, here's the big announcement: the online writing community www.wattpad.com has asked me to write an original novel for them for their readers! Now, just to give you a little background on WattPad, it's sort of like Youtube for books. Anyone can upload their work and anyone can read it. The cool thing about it is that the readers determine what becomes popular, bringing the power back to the readers themselves!

Now, this being said, I was approached by WattPad a few weeks ago and they told me that they're looking for a new author to work with in January. See, although the site is open to all, there are spotlighted authors that they work with to grow their audience and fanbase. And after reading on our site that I've written books, they contacted me! I met with someone from the company last week and decided (after a lot of questions and a bit of meditation) to go for it. But instead of just uploading one of my other books, I'm going to be creating something just for the Wattpad audience.

I can't give away the whole plot, but I will tell you it has something to do with the Salem Witch Trials. A reimagining if you will.

So, since you're catching me at the beginning of writing this new book, I'll be able to take you through my process of how I write a book—so stay tuned!

5x5,
B.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, is this why you wanted the name??? Did it turn out to be Hadley???

Brittany said...

Yep! And Hadley it is!!!! Thanks to everyone who put their two cents (and some people, it was three!) in!

Nina Lassam said...

Extremely excited about this project!

Brittany said...

I'm excited to be working with you Nina! I think this was a match made in heaven!

 
;