Friday, April 9, 2010

Gossip Mill

by Brittany Geragotelis

Well, after a few days of beautiful dress and skirt-wearing weather, we're back to overcast and damp. Blech. Bring on the summer already! I'm so pasty white, I'm pretty sure I glow in the dark. Oh well, I guess this gives me a good excuse to sit around and write all weekend, right?

Speaking of writing, I'm up to page 152 in "Painless." Lately I've been channeling my inner "angry chick" to write my main character, Bliss. She's very pissed and lonely and fearful...all emotions I have no problem tapping into, based off of my own health issues in the past. I just wrote my character's first sexy scene. It was (hopefully) hot and primal. Sometimes I'm as surprised by the encounters myself, because I don't always know they're going to happen (and how) until they just do. Good times.

photo credit: Jackson Pearce
On a similar note, I'm happy to announce that I will be interviewing Sisters Red author, Jackson Pearce in a future blog! I'm beyond psyched to talk to her about her writing schedule and where she gets her inspiration from. If you have any questions you'd like to ask Jackson, leave them in the comments section below.


This week's been rather quiet here in the office...well, sort of. The past two days, it's just been me and my co-worker Toni, and today we also have our lovely intern, Steph, in the house (who just told me she reads this blog! Yay!). This means that basically there are three of us on the 22nd floor today! It's as scarce as a scene in a zombie apocalypse movie—you know, before the zombies show up in droves. But it's also sort of nice...I'm currently blaring Avril Lavigne and have very few distractions around me, so I'm getting quite a bit done.

photo credit: The CW/Gossip Girl
On the other hand, the beginning of our week started out the exact opposite. I don't want to get totally into it, but there were some big changes here at our company this week, and ever since then, people have been INSANE. Seriously, I don't think I've witnessed this much gossip since I was in high school. And even then, it was sort of expected. With the exception of the people in my department, everyone seems to have their conspiracy theories about the future. There's been more than one occasion where I just wanted to say, "Grow up! You're not a teenager anymore. Don't you have anything better to talk about?" The fact of the matter is that just like in life in general, none of us knows what's going to happen in the future (unless you're a psychic like Allison DuBois on "Medium"), so what's the point really in worrying about it? How about channeling that energy into something positive, like doing your job well, asking a friend how they're doing (instead of just focusing on yourself), or writing a blog (wink, wink)? So, in the meantime, I'm just trying not to engage in or get caught up in other people's drama. And to be honest, it's not all that hard a thing to do...

Now, to brighten your day, here's a story that made me smile this morning. Another reason your children should be cheerleaders.

5x5,
B.

0 comments:

 
;