Wednesday, April 7, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things....right now.

photo credit: Entertainment Weekly
by Brittany Geragotelis
"Buffy the Vampire Slayer"
I know it's been off the air for a while, but I will NEVER get sick of this show. In my opinion, it is the most well-written, imaginative and creative show in the history of television. In fact, I'm convinced that Joss Whedon is a genius. I was having a conversation the other day with one of our interns and I was trying to explain that whenever I have to do things that make me scared or stressed (Hello, public speaking!!!), I always like to ask myself, "What would Buffy do?" Sounds silly, but the slayer wouldn't be afraid of speaking to a roomful of people, standing up for something she believes in or talking to a cute guy. She'd go up to the dude, tell him she was into him and then go out and stake a vampire. Plus, she has a kick-ass wardrobe and the show's all about a girl who makes a significant impact in the world around her. Doesn't everyone want to know they've made their mark on the world in a big, big way?

Corn Nuts
They're not quite corn, but they're not exactly nuts. And the crunchy snacks come in all kinds of flavors (my fave is Ranch). I've searched the city high and low and have only been able to find them in certain stores. I still have to double-check that they're gluten-free, but if they are and I can get my hands on a bag, I'm going totally corn NUTS!

photo credit: The CW/ANTM
"America's Next Top Model"
I've always had a not-so-secret love affair with this show. Maybe it's because I run our photo shoots at American Cheerleader magazine and choose the poses our cover girls do. Or maybe, it's because for the life of me, I can't seem to take a good picture to save my life and I'm totally in awe over what some of the girls can do in front of a camera. Either way, I'm fully addicted. Every season I have a favorite girl and this year, it's Jessica. How crazy is it that she got pregnant on her first time having sex...and then her church basically disowned her? The promo for tonight's episode looks ominous though...I hope they don't kick her off! Don't do it, Tyra!

photo credit: ABCFamily/Make It Or Break It
Josie Loren from "Make It or Break It"
I interviewed this UCLA student and star of the ABC Family gymnastics show "Make It or Break It" yesterday and had so much fun! What was supposed to only be a 15 minute interview turned out to last 45 minutes! It was really kind of neat to talk to someone else who grew up in gymnastics AND cheerleading. We ended up bonding over mental blocks with tumbling and how debilitating they can be. She was very sweet and very smart...I've GOT to start watching this show more regularly!

Agent Jessica Sinsheimer
Jessica's a literary agent at Sarah Jane Freymann Literary Agency and she's the bomb digity! This girl knows her stuff and is WAY passionate about books. From the first time I met her, Jessica has been nothing but helpful to me in my literary journey...And if you're familiar with the publishing world, you'll know it's nearly impossible to get an agent (who's already SO busy reading manuscripts, making deals and otherwise moving the literary world along) to give you advice on your books if they're not your agent. Jessica's just awesome. And I might be guest-blogging for her sometime soon...so, stay tuned!

Iced Coffee
Besides Iced Tea or Lemonade, I don't think there's another beverage more representative of the summer. And with the beautiful weather we've been having the past few days, it's definitely come time to start ordering your coffee's cold. Ice cold. Happy sipping!

Author Jackson Pearce
Her book Sisters Red isn't coming out until June, but I was lucky enough to get a copy early! And it's AWESOME! Jackson's creativity and voice land her at the top of my "Must Read" list. And though nothing's set in stone, I may be interviewing the talented Ms. Pearce in the near future for this blog! How lucky am I (and you, if you keep logging on!)?!?!?!

5x5,
B.

0 comments:

 
;