Wednesday, May 26, 2010

5x5, B

by Brittany Geragotelis

A lot of you have been asking me what my sign-off means, so I thought I'd let you in on the secret (which isn't really a secret at all). As you know, I'm a huge "Buffy" fan. It's by far, my favorite show, and I've owned no less than 5 copies of the entire series over the last 10 years (when you loan them out as often as I do, they tend to get scratched up; and then there was the fire in my living room and the time my apartment was broken into and someone stole all my DVDs...but those are totally separate stories).

Courtesy of The CW/BTVS
And obviously, when it came time to name my blog, I thought, "Why not pair up my two loves: books and Buffy?" Thus was born, Brittany the Book Slayer! If you've watched "Buffy", you'll know that Faith (the slayer-turned-nemesis-turned-reformed-bad girl) always called Buffy, B. Well, my family calls me B (when I was younger, my cousins couldn't pronounce Brittany, so they called me B-B-B, which was shortened to B over the years), so that's why I sign B at the end. But the 5x5, that's totally a Buffy thing. In one of the scenes, Buffy asks Faith if she's okay, and she answers, "I'm five by five, B." So, 5x5 is like "A-okay", five out of five which means complete, or it's all good.

So, there you have it....the mystery behind my sign off. It's a little bit Buffy, a little bit Brittany, but all good.

5x5,
B.

0 comments:

 
;