Monday, May 10, 2010

From Sex and the City to The Carrie Diaries

by Brittany Geragotelis

I was in Barnes & Noble this weekend, perusing the YA section (I like to do this to see what sort of placement they're giving books and the trends they're trying to push...It's also fun to see the books out on the "new release" shelves and knowing that I read them all months ago), when I happened upon The Carrie Diaries by Candace Bushnell. As a huge "Sex and the City" fan, as soon as I heard about this book, I knew I had to read it.

courtesy of Balzer + Bray
One thing I have to mention, is what a great book cover this is. It may not look like much at first glance, but it's very simple, classy and different than the typical "girl looking serious on the cover" a la Gossip Girl. And the gold plate with the author's name on it makes the novel look high class and expensive. All in all, it comes across as very impressive for a YA book.

Since I'm still waiting on my review copy to arrive (ah, the perks of my job!), I had to settle for reading this interview with Candace. I can't wait to read it....how about you? Anyone read it yet?


5x5,
B.

0 comments:

 
;