Tuesday, May 18, 2010

It's my birthday and I'll blog if I want to!

by Brittany Geragotelis

Hey all!
So, today I turned 31! And so far, it's already better than 30. This time last year, I was really sick. I'd fallen sick again from a mystery illness, which I still think was another autoimmune disease, but my doctors never figured out what was wrong. So, since I'm not weighing in at an unhealthy 87 pounds and puking my guts out, I'd say this b-day is significantly better than last year's.

Anyway, 31 has me thinking about where I am in life. Not in that "there's so much I haven't accomplished" or "I thought I'd be (insert whatever lofty goal you have here) by now", but rather in the sense of all that I've done over the past 31 years. I've written six books (well, the sixth one will be finished by the end of the week), survived several life-changing experiences, made life-long friends, graduated from college, worked at a national magazine and met more celebs than I ever thought would have been possible. I was in a scene in Bring It On: In It to Win It, was Olympics-bound, walked the red carpet, dated a TV star, am dating a filmmaker, fallen in love and laughed so hard that I cried. I've overcome hardships, helped others through their own and been to Disney (land and world) at least 40 times.


So, what's on the horizon for me in the next year? I have no idea, but here are a few of the things I'd like to accomplish within the next 365 days.



1. Finally get another agent and have one of my novels published.
2. Write that cheerleading book that's 9 years overdue.
3. Go surfing.
4. Go to a shooting range.
5. Start saving money.
6. Go on my first adult vacation.
7. Try something new every month.
8. Interview some of my favorite authors and actors.
9. Attend a concert.
10. Make a movie for fun (either a music video or a short that I've written).

What would be on your list? Leave your comments below!

5x5,
B.

0 comments:

 
;