Saturday, May 1, 2010

A day at the beach

by Brittany Geragotelis

Went up to Greenwich, CT today to visit my good friend, Colleen. Coll is one of my BFFs and a former AC co-worker. Back in the day, whenever she and I would walk around the city, people used to ask if we were sisters and sometimes even twins! We never quite understood it ourselves, but our theory was that we are both short (around 4'11") and white. That's all we could ever come up with...

Anyways, a few years ago, Colleen moved out of the city with her now husband, Donny, and we've had a bit of a long-distance friendship ever since. We don't see each other as often as we used to, but we're lucky enough to have one of those relationships where we always pick up right where we left off the last time we saw each other.

Although I miss her a ton, the cool thing about her living outside the city is that I get to go and visit! Greenwich is a beautiful town. The houses are sick and it's so quiet and calm. It's hard to worry about the stress of everyday life out there.

Because today was about 88 degrees and beautiful, Colleen and I took her daughter, Sailor--otherwise known as the cutest little girl EVER--to the beach. She was so adorable in her teeny-tiny swimsuit, eating shovel-fulls of sand and pointing out sailboats and kites. And of course, it was amazing just to be outside in the sun for a change. All I gotta say is good weather does wonders for your emotional state, that's for sure.

Oh, and I was able to write 5 pages of Painless on the train ride there and back. All in all, it was a pretty good day...if you don't believe me, check out the pictures!

5x5,
B.

0 comments:

 
;